Re: [linux-audio-user] Migration or Interoerability--The Final Frontier

From: Tim Orford <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 22:41:43 EET

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 11:50:18AM -0800, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> I was also thinking about (in the back of my mind of course ;) ) writing
> something that allowed me to share sessions between ecasound and ardour, or
> even modifying my version of ardour to that end...

cool, maybe you can do Aes31 support for Ardour :-)

project interchange is difficult and v poorly supported in
the proprietory world. I did intend yrs ago to do OMF support
for Ardour, but Digi removed the spec and wanted me to sign
something. Although support for AES31 is almost nonexistent
anywhere (Nuendo being an exception), being more or less just
an EDL with audio files, its easy to implement and could work
for many apps.

sorry i dont have a link to the spec - contact me if the crazy Aes
site wont let you download it.

cheers

--
Tim Orford