Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 22:55:52 EET

On Thu, 10 Mar, 2005 at 08:51AM -0800, Sean Bolton spake thus:
> On Mar 9, 2005, at 6:06 PM, Mark Constable wrote:
> >Along these lines, and this would help Julien, is anyone
> >aware of any shell tools to deal with sf2 soundfonts ?
> >
> >I would be very interested in cooperating with anyone else
> >that may be able to help build a set of command line sf2
> >extraction and rebuild tools.
>
> Takashi Iwai included two utilities in awesfx 0.4.2, one which
> dumped the metadata of a SF2 to a text file, and another
> which compiled the (possibly modified) text file and original
> SF2 into a new SF2. With it you could make minor edits
> to a soundfont from the command line. As-is, it's not going
> to help build a soundfont from single wave files, but it
> might be a great starting point for building such a tool.

Thanks for pointing this out - it really will be a good place to
start.

It has a lot of what we need, and is really only missing the ability
to work with individual sound files, like you say.

Thanks again

> -Sean

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)