Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: John Check <j4strngs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 17:57:49 EET

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 05:24 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> At http://freepats.opensrc.org there is a mellotron sample in the flac
> format. I'm very interested in this sound. I'd like to see it in a
> soundfont, so it can be used with fluidsynth. Unfortunately I only can
> convert this sample to the .wav or .raw format and split the different
> samples from one another. The actual soundfont creation (with swami) I
> can't do. Would anyone be interested in this kind of project?
> As said I'd convert and split the flac file and do, what else I can, but
> for the final swami-touch, I'd need some help, because I'm blind.
> I'm looking forward to hear from someone!
> Kindest regards
> Julien

I should have read this more carefully, I didn't realize you had the tones
broken out so I ripped the flac myself. I have the first two sounds imported
and assigned.. It still needs some polishing but I can post a link in about
an hour to a rough cut. Should be able to get a not-too-sucky 3 instrument
version out by this evening (gotta nap).

I don't know how attached you are to the samples you extracted,
but I can bang out loading the samples and assigning everything
to instruments and key ranges fairly quickly if you can provide a tarball.