Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 19:43:21 EET

On Fri, 11 Mar, 2005 at 11:37AM -0500, John Check spake thus:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 11:08 am, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Mar, 2005 at 10:35AM -0500, John Check spake thus:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Too, there are a carload of parameters per sample * instruments *
> > > presets.

> > > First thing that comes to mind from an efficiency POV is setting loop
> > > points in the individual samples (snippet) that make up the instruments.
> > > I don't know what kind of algorithm it would take.. finding zero
> > > crossings is easy enough, but getting a smooth loop can be a challenge
> > > WRT timbre.
> >
> > This is a good point, and although it relates to the commandline sf
> > tools, it's probably best kept as a separate problem. If we get this
> > part right, a sample auditor could be used that exports the loop
> > points and puts them in the description file.
> >

> Really, I was more concerned with the first part of that than timbre.
> It would be nice if there was a quick way to audition the loop points.

I mean the same thing. What we'll end up with here are a number of
tools, not just one. Adding one more to work with loop offsets is
probably a good idea, but we can ignore it for now and concentrate on
the actual compiling/decompiling.

I think your idea is a good one.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)