Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Anyone interested in helping with melotron

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2005 - 14:56:58 EET

Last Friday 11 March 2005 12:15, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net was like:

> Original pitch and pitch correction are more awkward - numbers for
> pitch aren't great. Can we agree on a format for this? Like C-1 for
> first octave C, etc.

> Pitch correction I think is in semitones - if not, I think we should
> convert it to that and back again so the user can work with a musical
> abstraction rather than anything more low level.

Would access to a lower level abstraction be useful to microtonal musicians or
would this be entirely in the realm of getting fluidsynth to deal with scala
files or nasty pitch-bend hacks in MIDI? (which is probably out of scope for
this discussion)

> Oh, and I've only just noticed that we're using the LAU list and
> probably ought to move either to the LAD list or a separate one
> altogether of we're going to keep up this volume - awkward choice
> because more eyes means more input, but also more annoyance for
> uninterested readers. Thoughts, anyone?

Personally, I'm not on LAD and I'd like to keep track of this discussion, that
said, I'm probably not going to contribute much to the process until you and
the other coders have something that actually needs testing. I can always
check the archives.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk