Re: [linux-audio-user] is Bristol JACK enabled? - Hallelujah! (kind of)

From: Tobias Ulbricht <up5a@email-addr-hidden-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 12:21:32 EET

Hi Robert,

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 02:23:40AM -0800, Robert Persson wrote:
> I take back what I said about compiling Bristol. I built the buildable bits
> and moved the whole directory into /opt (or you could edit the startup script
> and put it somewhere else). Then, following the instructions in the thread
> mentioned below, I put "jacklaunch" before the 2 occurences of
> "bristolengine" at the end of the startBristol script and I now have a
> working Jackified Bristol. Well kind of. The audio engine and the jack
> routing work, but the midi doesn't. Or at least it doesn't show up in the
> patchbay in qjackctl.
>
> Any ideas on how to get midi working with Bristol and libjackasyn? Is it a
> question of doing something to Bristol or is it something to do with how I
> configure alsa or my kernel?

As far as my experience goes, if Bristol provides an ALSA midi sequencer port, it'll automatically show up in qjackctl.
Am I right?
If so, jack does not really do MIDI handling/sequencing, I guess.

cheers, tobias.

--
ThatThatThatThatThatCan'tYearstreamAllcommandSOFTWAREdirectoryREADMEvariouscodePlayerAudioBeautiful