Re: [linux-audio-user] Tweaking alsamixer for the Echo Indigo IO

From: <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 15:22:39 EET

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 09:54:33PM -0500, Andres Cabrera wrote:
> I think you need a recent alsa and hotplug, not sure which though...
> Can you try as root:
> tail -f /var/log/messages
> then connecting the Indigo? It might thell you where the problem lies.

make sure youre using alsa-driver + alsa-firmware 1.0.8 or newer, as echo support is built in. also make sure youve enabled hotplug and firmware loading in kernel config (one is near the top, another is in generic device driver options), and installed hotplug and fxload packages in your OS. finally, make a symlink /lib/firmware -> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware since alsa installs the firmware stuff where the old hotplug code doesnt know to look. this isnt windows, so theres way too many steps just to get sound working..

also, why are you using gnome-alsamixer? theres a great app "Emixer" made especially for the echo cards. its in alsa-utilities or maybe alsa-tools...