Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: DVD-Audio authoring tool

From: Dave Chapman <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 00:28:58 EET

Brett McCoy wrote:
> Hey, how difficult do you think it would be to build a GUI around this?
> I have a Sourceforge project for DVD authoring called Polidori (based
> on dvdauthor) that has kinda floundered but maybe this will be the thing
> to kick it back into gear. The building of the DVD image is already in
> the project, it's mainly a matter of building the audio portion using
> your tool instead of using dvdauthor.

It shouldn't be difficult at all. At the moment, I am only
concentrating on the audio-only parts of the DVD-Audio standard. So the
GUI simply needs to give the user a way of selecting WAV files, and
organising them into up to 9 "groups", each of up to 99 tracks (but
dvda-author currently only supports a single group).

My plan is to write a simple GUI version of dvda-author (sharing the
same code as the command-line version) using the cross-platform
wxWindows toolkit - so Mac and Windows users could also use it.

However, once I start to investigate the video-oriented parts of the
DVD-Audio standard, and the ability to link video titlesets (in the
VIDEO_TS directory) from the Audio Manager (AMG - in the AUDIO_TS
directory), then a more complicated and video-oriented GUI would be needed.

So any help in that direction would be very useful.

Dave.