Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: DVD-Audio authoring tool

From: Tim Orford <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 00:27:34 EET

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:58:25PM -0500, Rob wrote:
> Anyway, at least wx-based apps aren't openly modern-desktop-hostile
> like, say, cinelerra or snd.

whats wrong with Snd? You know you can build it to use Gtk2 now
as well as motif? I'm a Gtk advocate, and afaik Snd is pretty much
the only audio editor which uses Gtk2. Its a real shame to see otherwise
excellent editors like Rezound not reach their full potential because
of their choice of ugly widget toolkits.

For me personally, I have yet to see a crossplatfrom widget tookit be
used really successfully - they just look odd, sometimes for subtle reasons.
(Although i must say that XUL comes close, despite its speed, and that
only because of the genius who made the Mozilla Modern theme.)

--
Tim Orford