[linux-audio-user] Mellotron flute looped (thanks to Paolo Ingraito)

From: Emiliano Grilli <emillo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 22:03:25 EET

Forwarding Paolo's email (I didn't see it in the archives...)

----- Forwarded message from Paolo Ingraito <Paolo_Ingraito@email-addr-hidden> -----

Hi to all, I' m Paolo, that italian user who made the looped version of
the reed of the mellotron sound (www.viandanze.com/materiale/mello.sf2)

I found the mello sf2 by John Check and I extracted the single sounds in
order to make a looped version of the samples...

The only one completely finished of the three sounds is the Flute.
Here you can download the patch...

www.viandanze.com/materiale/melloflute.sf2

It was very useful for me having the samples already sliced and saved
with the right note name (b3flute, c4reed and so...).

Let me know what do you think... I used a mix of crossfading loop and
traditional looping linking the end and the start of the sample with
zero-points (I made crossfade looping with SoundForge an audio-editor,
then I exported the wav to kontakt).

Only one thing, I used a program to convert the patches from the kontakt
format, so I can' t know how I can group the all mellotron patches in one
sf2 file (well I hope someone knows how to do this!).

Paolo

Ps. Well, I' m a WinXP user, but I' m very interested in this kind of
free-music projects..!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Emiliano Grilli