Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack problem: crackling sound

From: Christophe Vescovi <vescovi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 17:51:32 EET

Esa Linna a écrit :
> Although I am satisfied with multitrack recording using Audacity w/
> OSS, I would like to give a try to Ardour, Rosegarden and Muse.
>
> I have succeed to record some short multitrack songs, but after a few
> minutes comes a crackling noise on top of the sound.
>
> My system has multimedia kernel (2.6.10-1.mm.21 ), distro is Mandrake
> 10.1, 512 mb of RAM. Jack version: 0.99 (0.99.50-050215.1.mdk10.1.thac),
> soundcard is Audigy 2 (along with VIA onboard soundcard).
> I tried with Blackbox and stopped the internet connections, so I guess
> it couldn't be the cause of memory.
>
> Any suggestions & tips worth to try? Thanks.

Hi I have almost the same setup, even less memory (256Mb) and have no
problem like that in "normal" situation. I have however notice a similar
problem when using ardour but only when inserting some plugins and only
when I insert these plugins pre-fader. It is a very strange (and not
always repetitable) behaviour and I don't know the reason of it.

Christophe