Re: [linux-audio-user] USB-audio-card notches

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 16:48:49 EEST

Hallo,
Christoph Eckert hat gesagt: // Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > I have extensively tested kernel 2.6 with my USB soundcard
> > (Terratec PHASE 26) without success, the 2.4 kernel seems
> > to be a better choice for USB soundcard for the moment...
>
> well, if the 2.6 has problems with this cards, and 2.4 not,
> this is an issue to be solved. What about a bug report?

I cannot reproduce this: I run my USB card with 2.6 the same as with
2.4, I actually prefer 2.6 now, and I didn't find any differences in
my past tests (except a known and solved M-Audio issue.) Also the ALSA
drivers are very similar same for both kernels.

Sorry, but I cannot really help with your Aureon problem. My Aureon
works well on both my machines, laptop and big one, Intel and Via,
using various 2.6 kernels. I actually suppose, it's some USB
controller issue, but I'm guessing blindly with that so you might
ignore it.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41