Re: [linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 03:12:30 EEST

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 16:54, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Trying to learn:
>
> On Tuesday 29 March 2005 00:41, Jan Depner wrote:
> > The only
> > thing I'd like to add to JAMin right now is a variable (0-3ms low, 0-2ms
> > mid) delay on the low and mid bands. Hear that Steve - nudge, nudge,
> > wink, wink, hint, hint...
>
> What musical advantage do you get if some bands are delayed? What effects do
> you get with that? Where is this needed/wanted?

    Read a description of what the BBE sonic maximizer does or read the
docs on any decent crossover. There are good reasons to delay the lows
and mids and it does make a difference. You may not want to use it all
the time but it is handy in many situations. It has nothing to do with
acoustic delays based on speaker location.

Jan