Re: [linux-audio-user] Removing voice

From: Bill Moseley <moseley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 02:04:34 EEST

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 11:40:04PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> I didn't put too much effort into it, so its not supprising if the XMMS
> ones are better. Sorry. You could use XMMS JACK and record the output that
> way?

Looks like Kai's great examples may get me close. But I'm curious
about using JACK -- something I've only read a tiny bit about.

I see a few xmms plugins on Debian:

    xmms-jack - xmms output plugin to the jack audio server
    xmms-jackasyn - JACK Output plugin for xmms

But I assume I need something to capture the JACK output. I see
these:
    jack - Rip and encode CDs with one command
    jack-rack - LADSPA effects "rack" for JACK
    jack-tools - various JACK tools: plumbing, play, udp, ctl, scope, clock
    jackd - JACK Audio Connection Kit (server and example clients)
    jackeq - routes and manipulates audio from/to multiple sources
    jamin - Audio mastering from a mixed down multitrack source with JACK

I guess I'll need to do some reading to know what is what.

Thanks for all the help!

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@email-addr-hidden