Re: [linux-audio-user] Removing voice

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 02:56:59 EEST

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Brad Fuller wrote:

>> sh> ecasound -i foo.wav -o alsa -el:sc4,0,40,40,-18,6,6,6,0,0 -c
> AH.... NO SPACES! I didn't think whitespace would be a problem.

Yup, whitespace, and order of arguments, do matter. :)

> Here are two more questions (gee, aren't you glad you replied :-) )

Fellow lau-subscribers, I promise this is last post from me today. :) For
very specific ecasound questions, I recommend continuing the discussion on
ecasound-list mailing list (see eca.cx website for info).

> 1. I have an input file that is MONO, but the output defaults to STEREO. Why?

As there can be multiple input and output files (and devices), there is
no direct relation between the input and output file formats in the
special case that there happens to be exactly one input and output. Unless
you specify the format with "-f" option, ecasound will use default params
(-f:16,2,44100 ... can be redefined in ~/ecasound/.ecasoundrc - see man
ecasoundrc(5)) when creating new files.

Special-purpose frontends such as ecaplay usually behave differently
(i.e. similar to aplay, sox, etc) - the output is opened with audio format
taken from the input file.

> 2. See below warnings I receive when running ecasound. Why do I receive
> these? And, can I get rid of them?
[...]
> * ecasound v2.3.5 (C) 1997-2004 Kai Vehmanen
[...]
> ^dahdsr_g+t_audio$ for object 'DAHDSR Envelope with Gate and Trigger
> (Audio-Rate Inputs)' ().
> (eca-object-map) Warning! Keyword dahdsr_g+t_control doesn't match to regex
> ^dahdsr_g+t_control$ for object 'DAHDSR Envelope with Gate and Trigger

... by upgrading to 2.4.0. :)

--
  http://www.eca.cx
  Audio software for Linux!