Re: [linux-audio-user] Quicktoots release number 15

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2005 - 10:42:59 EEST

Please excuse top-posting.

I really like the idea you have, and will probably submit an item or
two.

Just one thing though: The website looks horrible.

Seriously, it's animated-gif hell. It looks like it's called Quick
Hoots, for a start. You have a style sheet, but the HTML is littered
with colour changes etc.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I thought it best to say.

On Fri, 01 Apr, 2005 at 09:35AM +0200, Patrick Shirkey spake thus:
> We are pleased to announce Quicktoots release number 15.
>
> http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots
>
> JACK - Da Mac Daddy
>
> JACK, Ardour & Hydrogen on a mac written by Ben Powers.
>
> Most people buy Macs for the convienience and the multimedia capabilities.
> However it's easy to get locked into the purchasing cycle once you have one.
> Open source software is a way out of the debt cycle that allows you to leverage
> your investment with minimum extra expenditure. These days there is a complete
> solution for Open source audio recording available.
>
> Find out how to make beautiful music on your beautiful Mac OSX system using the
> tools designed by the Linux audio developers community.
>
> The purpose of the Quicktoots are to provide a community resource of
> informative guides for using Linux audio applications.
>
> The Quicktoots are the brainchild of Dave Phillips the man responsible
> for the most comprehensive webpage devoted to Linux audio applications.
> The Linux Sound and Midi page. Your one stop resource for Linux sound
> software.
>
> http://www.linux-sound.org
>
> If you are in the position to link to any of the quicktoots please link
> to the main page. That way we can keep more accurate statistics on the
> amount of people viewing the pages.
>
> If you are interested in contributing to the Quicktoots please let us
> know. All work must be submitted to either Dave or myself and we will
> give advice or make changes to ensure our publishing standard is met. If
> you are not able to send html don't worry because I am willing to format
> any braindumps.
>
> Enjoy.
>

> Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
> We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
> I've ever done.
>
> Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
> The Scotsman

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)