Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: public apology and withdrawal

From: Larry Troxler <lt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 06:59:12 EEST

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 21:48, Jon B wrote:
> rude?? really? why?

Because it requires of the person who volunteers their time to help you, that
they also must now decipher what your email address really is, so that they
can correspond with you.

> after years of having to sift through spam all the time and losing
> real mails in the spam folders, i'm paranoid about releasing my real
> address onto the web in any form. so far i think i've only received
> the brute force type mails to my real address, where they just guess
> your address, and, of course, the few that get sent to my disposable
> addresses.
>
> 20 per day!?? eek! sounds like a huge pain to me.

Actually, 20 per day was actually an exaggeration, it's rare that I get that
many in one day, that pass through the spam blocker. But even if I did, in
what way would that be considered a "huge pain"? I mean, do you not subscribe
to any email lists? If so, do you not routinely zap 20 or 30 uninteresting
legitimate messages in less then a minute, each time you retreive email? Or
do you actually read every single message you get from every email list
you're subscribed to? If not, then how would an additional 10 or 20 spam
messages really make that much difference - you would just delete them just
like you delete uninteresting mailing list messages, wouldn't you? It surely
doesn't take more than a minute or two to do this.

Larry