Re: Commercial VS NonCommercial Creative Commons [WAS: Re: [linux-audio-user] more odd music]

From: MarC <marc_contrib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 18:09:20 EEST

En/na Michal Seta ha escrit:

>>MarC <marc_contrib@email-addr-hidden>:
>>

>>>I raise this issue because I'm starting a musical project and I would
>>>like to never release any work that could end like
>>>http://www.lokitorrent.com/
>>>

>I've never before seen this website. Is this a joke?

I'm afraid it's not.

>>>when the people shares it, I would like
>>>to use other musicians works (and I can't afford to pay them for such
>>>work now) and I would finally like to win fairly some money making
>>>good music (without this money I will never be able to buy decent
>>>instruments)
>>>

>How can you begin to even think of using other people's work, without
>paying royalties, and expect others not to use yours?

erm... this paragraph was horribly written. sorry. I wanted to see if
there's a way to only make big companies pay royalties. Not other
musicians of course. I now realise that sounds totally innocent but I
don't consider myself a monster... you know?

>>>is it an utopia?
>>>

>Yes, but you're joking, righ?

no. I'm just the worst english writer in the world... apologies...