Re: [linux-audio-user] I was wrong (amd64)

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 19:14:14 EEST

--- Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I have only had a few problems with 64 bit mode on
> Gentoo. However,
> ardour isn't very stable in 64 bit mode. How does
> it do in 32 bit
> mode? I get crashes 80% of the time when I create
> stereo tracks.
> Usually I can open the project back up and the track
> is there, but
> sometimes it crashes on open and I have to start
> over. It also
> freezes when I close and choose "just quit" when it
> wants to save the
> project most of the time. Also, when I import wav
> files it doesn't
> usually draw the wav, I just see a straight line;
> closing the project
> and opening it again fixes that, or deleting the
> region and importing
> again works right.

A very recent version of Ardour was highly unstable.
If you're compiling source, cvs or tarball, try the
most recent release. I think there's a bad memory loop
problem in the most recent but it's much better than
the release immediately preceeding.

For anything critical I'm using beta27 until these
rough spots get worked out.

ron