Re: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: [mtg] freesound 'official' opening...]

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 15:04:18 EEST

Esben Stien wrote:
> It would be nice with a site that had music licensed under the gpl. I
> know the gpl was designed for functional works, but entertainment
> works like music, is a functional work for me;). (it gets me places)

Creative Commons licenses substitute the GPL licenses for artistic works.

> A gpl music work would need to have it's multitrack available, it's
> finished mastered track, the individual samples, the synth code, the
> matrix roll, etc.

UNIX philosophy says that applications should "do one thing, do it
well". This philosophy took us to things like the jack server. It's
imposible for people to plug-in new capabilities to Reason, but it's
quite easy for people to plug-in anything into a jack enabled studio setup.

My two euro cents. :)

Cordially, Ismael