Re: [linux-audio-user] More Wine ing! :) and things VST...

From: <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 22:40:59 EEST

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:16:28PM -0500, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From all accounts, it still seems that jack_fst seems to not work very
> reliably with any other versions of Wine later than 20040505? I know
> Mark had some work arounds for other wine vers. but not sure what gains
> were made as a result?
>
> I also remember Shayne having a later compiled version...like late Dec
> 2004 release and reporting many Vst's operable where I could not on
> 20040505?
>
> I have had no real luck with DSSI but I have not applied a lot of effort
> to find out why either...not diminishing dssi in any way.
>
> Any miracle workers out there getting new things to happen with Wine and
> the VST-hosts we have today?

someone on irc sent me smoething called 'xfst' which believe it or not built out of the box, on amd64 no less, with wine-20050310. the only downside is, it requires running 2 jackd's here, one in 32bit, one in 64bit, and connecting the two over loopback via UDP. so i havent bothered to actually use it much..

note to whoever wrote xfst: i had much better luck with it than the alternate options out there, care to put it up on sourceforge or something?