Re: [linux-audio-user] stupid hydrogen question

From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 07:27:42 EEST

On Apr 11, 2005 7:58 PM, Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to write a drum part in hydrogen, but it needs to be in 3/4
> time. I see no way to do that in version 0.9.1. The forums at
> www.hydrogen-music.org recommend changin the "pattern length" to
> achieve deifferent time signatures, but doing so doesn't have any
> affect.

After selecting the patern you are working on, click on the right hand
drop down in the patern editor pane. Select 6. This should put you
in 3/4 time. You will see the 4th beat greyed out and if you play the
pattern it won't play that beat...you'll see.

> Even if that did work, I would have to triple my tempo, right?

No. Your BPM is your BPM whether there are 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, or
whatever beats per measure.

 The
> tempo control, besides disallowing manual entry and requiring you to
> use the spin button (yuck), only goes up to 300. Since the song is in
> 112, I would need it to go up to 336, right? Or do I misunderstand
> what patttern length means?

There is some sort of misunderstanding going on.