Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 66, Jack, and digital io

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 03:51:55 EEST

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 02:31 +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> And for surround-testing: A train coming from behind going over the the
> listener to the front. And than a second from left to right.
> That would be 8-)

I know the perfect train... Amtrak's Acela is the US version of high
speed rail, and rather than build a modern infrastructure they decided
to run it on old tracks with diesel-electric engines that they
retrofitted & upgraded to handle the speed. Man, is that thing LOUD
when it blows by. It feels like the air pressure is going to suck you
off the platform.

Now I just wish I had two nice directional mics, I'd walk down to the
train station and record it now...

Lee