Re: [linux-audio-user] recording WAV files from a midi file played through alsamodularsynth

From: <mrmoo1231@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 21:42:20 EEST

--- "mrmoo1231@email-addr-hidden" <mrmoo1231@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> >> It does not depend on your soundcard, so it's not
>
> >> necessary to set anything in the mixer.
>
> >> Did you set the gain and volume in the
> PCM-out-module of ams?
>
> Yes, still no joy. :-\
>
> -Mark

Okay, revised version: It *did* work once I shut down
alsamodularsynth, which freed up the device. (I
loaded the resulting foo.wav into audacity to see if
there was anything other than flat-line, and there
was, but it also gave me the message that I couldn't
access the i/o device. I took care of this by
closing AMS).

But now, the tempo of the foo.wav file is 2x as fast
as it should be, even though the pitches are correct,
as far as I can tell. If I use timidity to play the
same file, I get the right tempo.

Unless somehow I accidentally doubled the tempo last
time I loaded the file into muse or rosegarden4...

-Mark