[linux-audio-user] MIDI exported from Cakewalk sounds horrible!

From: <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 19:18:41 EEST

Hello all,

I used to use Cakewalk on a small Windows partition for composing
work. Now, I'm trying to take the midi files I'd exported from
Cakewalk and play them using rosegarden/fluidsynth/pmidi.

My songs sounds like a cacophony. Things are so wrong - it sounds
truely horrible.

I downloaded some MIDI files from around the internet and they all
play normally. Is is possible Cakewalk has some SysEx events in there
that pmidi/rosegarden are interpreting as notes?

Cause damn. I didn't write this stuff!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@email-addr-hidden