Re: [linux-audio-user] Pulling off old 2-track reels and trying to slow them down

From: Alan Taylor <alan-linuxaudiouser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 01:36:25 EEST

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 08:44 +0100, Rob Fell wrote:
> The most obvious reason I can see for this is that the effective sample
> rate is reduced to 12kHz via this method.
>
> If you can increase your soundcard sample frequency, this should yield a
> dramatic improvement (96kHz sample rate becomes effective 24kHz).

That makes sense, but I seem to be having trouble getting JACK to run at
anything above 48KHz. When I start it at 88.2KHz or 96KHz, I
immediately get messages such as "XRUN callback (xx skipped)", where xx
is a number between 50 and 300, depending on which sample rate and
frames/period I choose. I get at least 50 skipped callbacks per second
without doing anything but starting jackd.

If I am not mistaken, the Delta 44 should be able to handle at least up
to 96KHz. I believe my kernel is set up properly since I can record 6
or 7 tracks at 48KHz and 512 frames/period in RT mode for an extended
period of time without any xruns at all.

Any suggestions?

Alan