Re: [linux-audio-user] Pulling off old 2-track reels and trying to slow them down

From: Alan Taylor <alan-linuxaudiouser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 22:14:54 EEST

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 19:16 +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Alsaplayer sounds crap in varispeed. I'd use Ardour for slowing things
> down as it uses libsamplerate for that purpose. In the Mixer strip,

You are correct. While the results are still not ideal (due to the
original sample rate of 48KHz), the overall quality surpasses what I got
out of alsaplayer. Thanks.

> Yes. But I take it from other messages in this thread that you have
> trouble running jack with higher rates. No clue what's in the way.

Further inspection of my IRQs shows that my Delta 44 shares with my
ethernet controller and my USB controller. My next step is to move my
card around and try to get a better IRQ.

Thanks again for your help.

Alan