Re: [linux-audio-user] Pulling off old 2-track reels and trying to slow them down

From: Alan Taylor <alan-linuxaudiouser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 01:22:22 EEST

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 22:51 +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> irq 10 would be a good choice. Usually it's the first available high
> priority interrupt.

I tried all 4 empty slots in my PC and was only able to get IRQ5 or
IRQ11. IRQ5 is where I was before... sharing with the video card, the
gigabit ethernet controller, and the USB v2 controller.

Now I'm in IRQ11, sharing only with the USB v1.1 controller. Instead of
300 XRUNs per second at 96KHz, I get only one. Also, instead of 50
XRUNs per second at 88.2KHz, I get only one every 30 seconds.

So, there's marked improvement, but still not good enough to pull off a
whole reel of music. I don't know why IRQ10 seems to be left unused
altogether. I figured my PC would have assigned an empty IRQ before
making my soundcard share an already used IRQ. Time for more research.

Alan