Re: [linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 05:38:57 EEST

Levi D. Burton wrote:

> Sorry, but if your coming to linux thinking that you will find
> software of comparable performance to something such as Ableton Live,
> you are very mistaken. Nothing on linux even comes close to Ableton
> Live and probably never will.

I wish I could predict the future ;-)

> Why not just use Ableton Live? Save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

Ableton Live is a nice program. And, there are certainly areas of audio
applications where Linux does not fare as well as Mac or Windows
software today. Then again, there are a lot of applications on Linux
that don't have a comparable match on Windows or Mac.

So, if you need Ableton Live, yes: use that. In fact, find the
application that you need first. And then purchase the OS/HW that you
need to run that application (I don't know why people work the other way
around.)

Like Greg, I too work in the field, perhaps a bit differently. And, we
use linux (and windows and mac) everyday.

--
Brad Fuller
(408) 799-6124