Re: [linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 06:51:13 EEST

On Tue, 2005-26-04 at 13:58 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 12:37 -0500, Levi D. Burton wrote:
> > Both are very stable and perform well. Will it be similar to Abletone
> > Live? Probably not.
>
> Keep in mind that Live was not the product of a team of programmers at
> some big name company. It was basically written by one guy in his
> garage. For all we know, there is someone out there right now working
> on the same thing, but better, and for Linux.

FWIW, the majority of my audio related "brain time" lately (now that Om
is ready for prerelease) is towards accomplishing something Live like (I
guess, never actually used it). Performing with seq24 and sooperlooper
synced up works, but the performance is lost after the fact, and
arranging (beyond replacing one loop at a time) isn't possible.

Something like the seq24 performance editor, except for audio as well as
MIDI, and hopefully OSC as well.

The hard part is figuring out what project(s) to build on top of to get
it done in a reasonable amount of time (an advantage we have here that
whoever wrote Live did not)

-DR-