Re: [linux-audio-user] Ableton live user

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 03:56:52 EEST

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 09:36 +1000, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
>
> >The brilliant thing about Live isn't what it does, it's the interface.
> >

> and here, the nail has been hit on the head ;)

I notice that no one brought up FreeWheeling in this thread.

"FreeWheeling is an audio tool for live looping. It provides a highly
configurable, fluid user interface for instrumentalists to capture loops
in real-time. Based on the JACK, ALSA, and SDL libraries, it integrates
with FluidSynth, a software synthesizer."

http://sourceforge.net/projects/freewheeling/

Personally I just use Live as a master mixer/effects host (the excellent
builtin ones plus NorthPole) for my guitar, while a friend plays a VST
instrument. I've never touched the sequencing part. But many people
use it as a live looper...

Lee