Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: *UPDATE* MIDI exported from Cakewalk sounds horrible!

From: Reuben Martin <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 04:26:28 EEST

Back on Tuesday 03 May 2005 07:26 pm, ross@email-addr-hidden was like:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:02:10PM -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:
> > > Do any of you guys that said you had seen the same problem have some
> > > MIDI hardware to test on? I'd be curious to see if you hit the same
> > > thing. Would be worth a bug report on fluidsynth.
> > >
> > > Thanks, let me know!
> >
> > Fluidsynth has problems. _Any_ compiler optimization flags cause
> > problems, and even when compiled correctly, the chorus and reverb cause
> > it to produce nothing but NAN garbage for the output. Quite honestly,
> > you're better off using timidity to load the soundfount.
>
> I don't think any such issues would be related. Any new MIDI
> information I create in Rosegarden sounds correct. It's just old
> stuff that I had exported from Cakewalk Pro Audio, and just from
> Cakewalk.
>
> What version of fluidsynth do you have so many problem with? Mine
> mostly works well!

fluidsynth v. 1.0.5 I have it working, but it isn't very stable, and like I
said, the chorus and reverb causes it to generate NAN garbage. These problems
don't have anything to do with the MIDI output of Rosegarden (or any other
MIDI sequencer) I just wanted to make clear that problems with odd sounding
output may be bugs in fluidsynth itself.