Re: [linux-audio-user] kernel upgrade issues

From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 02:32:34 EEST

I installed 12-rc4 and am so far happy except the thumb drive thing.
I have narrowed it down to thumb drives formatted in msdos fat or
vfat. I can mount a thumb drive in ext2 and reiser but not fat. So I
am trying for help in comp.os.linux.misc since this part isn't an
audio issue. If anyone here knows anything though...

The problem I was noticing earlier was because I was browsing and
listening to mp3 at same time through jack. It seems I used to be
able to do that np, but maybe not. If I turn jack off and use alsa it
is fine. Maybe adding the lsm would make it better as I could give
jack a higher priority. Right now I am trying without patches and
then add as I get things to work.

What would be nice is if I could just leave jack running all the time
and have everything work. That doesn't happen though because some
programs need alsa, like xine and such. Oh well.