Re: [linux-audio-user] 44100 -> 48000

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 03:22:33 EEST

On 8 May 2005 at 1:27, Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Rivendell radio automation software, alsa and jack, darkice with
> jack support, peercast. All on one machine. Wav files in rivendell
> are in 44100 format. Rivendell plays songs and outputs to jack,
> jack is connected to audio outs (can be disconnected if this will
> help) and to darkice. Darkice encodes as ogg and sends to peercast.
> Bam! Streaming radio station in a box. Problem, my sound card is an
> nForce2 which it seems only operates at 48000 and the combination
> I am trying does not seem to be happy with this. Converting sample
> rates by alsa on input would seem to be one solution to my problem.
>
> Would anyone have an actual example of the best way to deal with
> this particular situation ?

I think you can use ardour. Create a new project at 48000 and import
your 44100 wav file. Ardour does very good sample rate conversion.
Upon import you'll have an ardour project at 48000. Drag and drop
the imported waveform onto a channel in the editor window, then
select that track and export the selection as a wav file. That
should do it. Find out more on ardour-users. Cheers....

--
Kevin