Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Mixer Linux

From: Jesse Chappell <jesse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 22:36:43 EEST

Frank smith wrote on Tue, 10-May-2005:

> HI all
> Have any of you managed to get a mixer configured or available for the
> RME Digi3296 cards.

Unfortunately you have the product name wrong. Check and report
very carefully what card you have because RME's naming conventions
are very confusing. http://www.rme-audio.com/english/index.htm

RME's older Hammerfall DIGI series include the DIGI9652 and DIGI9636
and are multichannel digital cards. These do not have an onboard
mixer, but you can use the tool 'rmedigicontrol' in the alsa-tools
package to set the clock flags, I think.

The recent Hammerfall HDSP series include the HDSP9652, HDSP9632,
and other breakout boxes (digiface, multiface). These all have
a powerful builtin matrix mixer and many configuration options.
The tools 'hdspmixer' and 'hdspconf' can be used to control them.

> If not will jack control the sample rate of the card?

Yes, in general. The HDSP cards that support higher rates (>=96k)
may need to be set by the conf tool before starting jack. This
might be unnecessary in the latest drivers, not sure.

jlc