[linux-audio-user] Re: realtime lsm module and kernel 2.6.11 on Debian

From: <jmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 17:07:51 EEST

> Any ideas ?

I use debian, but I never bother with the debian method of making
kernels.. I just download the kernel from kernel.org and build it
myself, then apply the realtime-lsm patch after building and
installing it.

Just copy your configuration file from /boot/config-xxx to
/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.x/.config and then do make oldconfig; make
install; make modules_install

edit /boot/grub/menu.lst (or lilo.conf if you use that) to point to
your newly installed image

then modify the makefile for realtime-lsm to point to your
/usr/src/linux-xxx dir,

make; make install

reboot,

and it will (should) all be working