Re: [linux-audio-user] RE: More Homemade Muzak

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 14:51:32 EEST

LinuxMedia wrote:

> > In a live band (I was a professional
> > musician for about a dozen years), the drummer and ensemble
> > are all in "psychological sync" in a way, so that the tempo
> > fluctuations sound "tight" and realistic, yet human and
> > variable. That seems hard to achieve using software percussion
>
> Yeah... nothing beats a group of musicans that click and all adding
> their personal sound to one complete song. Just being with people and
> playing can inspire more creativity.

It can also drive you up the !$@^*ing wall. I currently play with a
number of good players, but the human front can be awfully exasperating.
The one thing I really like about using computers to make music is that
they remove the human restrictions. Of course, those same restrictions
are often what makes for truly exciting moments, so I guess it;'s about
like everything other hard bargain in life. ;-)

Best,

dp