Re: [linux-audio-user] Even more music

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 22:38:10 EEST

On Mon, 16 May, 2005 at 08:39PM +0100, nigel henry spake thus:
> Hi James. Would you consider making the tracks available in .ogg for us poor
> linux folks. Nigel.

Haha. I'm also a linux user, if you hadn't guessed. I use "inferior"
MP3's for the poor *Windows* folks.

> I'm on Slackware 10.0 at the mo and havn't anything to play MP3's

As someone has already suggested, have you tried mplayer? XMMS?

But, since I now have quite a bit of spare space on my server, I've
uploaded an ogg for every mp3. Just swap the mp3 part to ogg and you
should be fine.

Okay, make that uploading. I thought the conversion would be done by
the time I sent this, but it's still going. They'll be there in a
moment.

> On Monday 16 May 2005 14:42, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > A track I put together over the weekend. The levels aren't quite
> > right and it sounds a little muddy, but I got fed up with it and
> > decided to leave it as it is.
> >
> > http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/05/more-music.html

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)