Re: [linux-audio-user] music [some more]

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 22:51:47 EEST

On Tue, 17 May, 2005 at 12:54AM +0200, Florian Schmidt spake thus:

> Hi,
>
> this is just me playing around with a loop:
>
> http://affenbande.org/~tapas/om1_2.ogg
>
> i'd call the style abstract dopehead-dub-reggae. As you can tell from
> the name the main software involved was om-synth. but i also used
> qsynth, seq24, jack-rack and jack_convolve.

Wow. I like that a lot.

It would be nice if you played with it some more, gave it some more
content and really developed the great sound.

It's very atmospheric, but I just wished it built up into something.

Put this as the music to a video of people on a busy escalator, in
grainy black and white and I think it would be a very disturbing
snippet of film.

> Have fun!
>
> Flo
>
> P.S.: The .ogg is very quiet, as jamin likes to segfault atm (might be
> the result of shoving a different jackversion beneath it), so no
> mastering done..

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)