Re: [linux-audio-user] Even more music

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 03:54:40 EEST

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 05:42, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > Very very nice. I especially like the beats. How'd you make them, and
> > any chance of sharing the... uh... sources? My drum programming skills
> > are teh sukc, and chicks only like guys with good skills.
>
> No problem. I'm a tracker junkie, so you might not like the format,
> but mail me back if you're interested. You can have the whole file
> and play with it - see what you come up with from the same sounds.
>
> In fact, that would make a great exercise. How about we all work from
> a common set of sounds and produce a track, and see how they compare?
> We could host them all in one place as a kind of project. It would be
> great to see what other people did and how they did it.
>
> Who's up for that?

http://opensrc.org has been available for this kind of thing for
years. There are 3 "Local Projects" so far with absolutely the
simplest kind of interface so that web presentation does not get
in the way.

There is also http://freepats.opensrc.org, an area specifically
for patches, soundfonts and samples.

No registration other than asking for an upload password (can't
have nasty folks uploading wares and abusing the space), no BS
hidden links that can't be easily linked to, no extra page editing
required to present uploaded material as uploads appear instantly,
a Wiki on the same database as alsa.opensrc.org so any simple
WikiLink references in howtos to other ALSA material just work.

--markc