[linux-audio-user] Building knob.pd_linux

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 16:52:03 EEST

Hello Frank, I hope you're listening in, this one is for you:

You finally got me where you want us all to at least look once: I'm
wading through pd pages on the net and building pd and externals. The
stuff I see and hear there is awesome, well, like you always said.

The hook for me was fwish (http://www.danslchamp.org/mrtof/code.htm).
That I wanted to see. I tried a *lot* of things. Turned out that after
building Gem, zexy, cyclone, Iemlib etc I needed fwish's relaxing
images badly. I take it from pd-list that the nightmarish experience of
getting and building pd stuff is a known feature. So I won't complain.
But hey =:O

Then I said to myself: "Something simple now for a change" and ran into
your pd303 (http://footils.org/cms/show/19). Ha! Even the first steps
are fun: Can't build knob.pd_linux (parse error "typedef struct
_methodentry" from m_imp.h) The makefile points to pd source (I'm back
to 0.37.1-devel) alright, m_imp.h and the others are there.

The knob.pd_linux that you have included in http://footils.org/pd303.tgz
loads. But pd says
"knob.pd_linux: undefined symbol: iemgui_list"
when it's supposed to do anything (although iemgui_list exists in
src/g_all_guis.h).

So now I need your help. I want the knob. I think the knob will rock.
Will it?

Thank you for all your stuff, btw.
Wolfgang