Re: [linux-audio-user] Publishing videos

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 10:29:57 EEST

On Saturday 21 May 2005 18:15, Spencer Russell wrote:
> I'm not sure what the best way to encode it is. I'd like to put
> it up as a quicktime file, because it seems like just about
> everyone can view them, but there seems to be a difference
> between the jpeg-encoded quicktime files that I'm using, and the
> kind that you see commonly around the web. Any ideas on the
> most-easily-downloaded video format for the general population?

I would recommend DivX or XVid, the first is widely spread thanks to illegal
copies of movies ;-) but the later is also used relative widely...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be