Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LADSPA hints

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 13:44:20 EEST

Last Monday 23 May 2005 11:16, Tom Szilagyi was like:
> could you elaborate on this? TAP plugins are especially written
> to be used within Ardour. As their author I also use them a lot
> for my own mixing. Also, I haven't received any bug reports since
> the last release.
>
> Unfortunately I haven't had the time lately to keep up with Ardour
> CVS, I'm running a latest-or-so beta. But I don't imagine LADSPA
> functionality would have changed lately in a fundamental way.

Ah, OK. I'm using Ardour-0.9beta29 on a 600MHz Celeron processor with 256M
RAM. Soundcards: Intel Corp. 82801AA AC'97 Audio and Ensoniq ES1371
[AudioPCI-97]. So I'm guessing that my problems might be related to lack of
available resources. That's a shame as your plugins tend to provide the kind
of effects I'm generally looking for. If you think that _shouldn't_ be a
problem I'll provide a more detailed report, but I think I'm probably pushing
the limits already. ;)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk