Re: [linux-audio-user] CLI mixer for envy24 cards?

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 15:44:16 EEST

Quoting Edward Barrow <edward@email-addr-hidden>:

> I've got a Terratec DMX 6-fire card (ice1712/envy24 chipset) running in
> a headless box with no X; I control it from the commandline over ssh.

Does the box you command it from have X? You could then open the envy24mixer
from the remote machine to the X server running on the "client".

To enable X11 forwarding from the ssh client do:

ssh -X user@email-addr-hidden

You might need to enable X11 in the server sshd config, in debian: add or
uncomment the line:

X11Forwarding yes

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config

 Sampo