Re: [linux-audio-user] Getting two sound cards to work

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 00:07:26 EEST

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 07:38:32PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 00:51 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > > I have a different 2 card problem. hw:1 is my main card.
> > > I'd like to duplicate the output of hw:1 and send it to
> > > the output of hw:0. Mandrake 10.1, ALSA 1.0.6 here.
> >
> > there's an ALSA plugin which can do so - unfortunately I
> > forgot the name. I remember DMIX and DSNOOP - there's a third
> > one which can do what you need.
>
> That only works if the cards are synced via word clock.
>
> You can't send the same audio to 2 different cards, because they will
> consume data at different rates, resulting in periodic xruns.

its possible with the alsa client from the udpsyncsource patch....
it resamples to the correct rate in realtime.

handling two different soundcards should work very good.
the jitter which is imposed by a wlan network is audible though.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language