Re: [linux-audio-user] I actually made some music!

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 19:11:03 EEST

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 06:08, tim hall wrote:
> This is my first attempt at using Ardour for a proper recording, largely
> following Paul's presentation at LAC.
>
> http://www.glastonburymusic.org.uk/sound/samsara.ogg
>
> Usual disclaimers apply, I'm not an engineer, so any thoughts welcomed.

Tim,

    I really like the song. I agree with Paul W - I think you need a
bit more bass. A couple of other suggestions:

slide the acoustic guitar a bit left and the vocals a bit right (or use
the TAP stereo echo set up for Haas effect on the guitar)

I would bring the vocal up a bit

the kick sounds kind of smeared - maybe try compressing it a bit
(assuming it's on a single track)

Jan