Re: [linux-audio-user] I actually made some music!

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 04:01:44 EEST

Last Wednesday 25 May 2005 15:02, Paul Winkler was like:
> Sounds great in the headphones here!
> I especially like the guitar and vocal sounds.

Oh good, I used a rode NT1 through my onboard intel8x0 soundcard. I wasn't
sure how well it would work. :)

> The balance is good but overall seems a bit shy in the low end.
> I could do with a touch more bass, but I'm a bassist so you
> probably shouldn't listen to me :-)

Ah, this is very valid information as you're not the only person to have
mentioned it. I usually mix it the way I really want it and then turn the
bass and drums down a tad. Perhaps I'll leave it alone in future. I think I
start to get bass-sensitive towards the end of long sessions. ;]

> Incidentally, it's a good solid song and the vocals are excellent.

It's great to finally have the tools to produce my own music on. I only had to
wait 20 years! Glad you enjoyed it, there's more where that came from.

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk
Its safe to ignore the message, the rest of the car works fine. ;)