[linux-audio-user] VMWare for Music

From: <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 07:49:12 EEST

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any experience using a VMWare session to run Windows
audio apps? I can't get VMWare to output to ALSA.

It appears to use OSS. I have the OSS emulation loaded and use it on
a daily basis for esd. It'd be swell if I could sync it to Jack, but
I know that's probably not gonna happen ::-).

Also, how about MIDI support with USB devices? Should I expect that
to work?

Any tips? Thanks in advance!

--
Ross Vandegrift