Re: [linux-audio-user] light multitrack recording

From: Peter Lutek <plutek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 08:20:43 EEST

On Fri, 27 May 2005 09:36:04 -0700, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> On 27 May 2005 at 11:03, "Peter Lutek" <plutek@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> thanks, kevin.... yup, i'm on the ardour list, but am ok with
>> the ardour side of things. incidentally, you don't need a
>> plugin for the metering..... the ardour mixer shows peaks in
>> each strip, and is now globally resettable (ctrl-click in any
>> channel peak box resets all channels).
>
> I use its meters. But, I haven't found, nor bothered to look,
> for peak-hold on them, let alone reset. I'm using beta29, if
> that matters.

take a look in the mixer window, with channel strips at full width. the
numeric display immediately above the fader is the fader level, while the
one immediately above the channel meter is the peak level. click in the
peak level display to reset that particular channel (works while the
transport is running), or ctrl-click to reset all channels.

>> yes, i'm using an rme multiface (8 analog, 8 adat, 2spdif).
>
> Very nice. I've never been able to figure out for certain
> whether one needs to buy an additional PCI card to use the
> multiface with a computer. It looks like that to me from data on
> the web. I opted for the delta 1010 because it comes with a PCI
> card for about half the price of the multiface plus an rme PCI
> card. Of course the multiface has ADAT sync, which would have
> been wonderful for me since I have an ADAT too. So, did you have
> to buy an additional card?

yes, but that was one of the BIG selling points for the multiface for me
-- get both the pci adapter and the cardbus adapter and you can easily
flip the multiface between your desktop and your laptop. yes, it's a sweet
little box!

-p