Re: [linux-audio-user] announce: Midingsolo 0.1.0

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 11:21:18 EEST

Gilles Degottex <gilles.degottex@email-addr-hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> This project aims to do a real-time audio note recognition software
> for monophonic signals (like solos).

Hi Gilles. Too little time at the moment to delve in deep, just a couple
of notes:

* I think Midingsolo should not only output straight scale notes.
Pitchbends and off-note touches should be transformed into midi as
well. How would this be achieved best in midi?

* It might be useful to have a set of soundfiles to throw at Midingsolo
in order to have a common set of testcases.

* On startup Midingsolo says "Recording and analysis parameters require
too much resources for this machine" which actually seems not to be the
case.

* Explanations for "Refresh time", "Buffer size factor" and the "Multi
correlation" badly needed :)

This is probably not very helpful, just what comes to mind after
fiddling with it for 15 minutes. Very promising so far, I need to have
more time to try more.

Wolfgang